Groovefunnels Review 2023: (Over a Year as a User)
Groovefunnels is a fast-growing website builder and sales platform that let’s you build your online business quickly and easily. It gives you access to a wide range of tools for growing your business, potentially eliminating the need to subscribe to any other software tools.
Welcome to my no B***S**T Groovefunnels review.
I’ve been a GrooveFunnels user for well over a year now, and today I want to get to the REALITY of ACTUALLY USING this online sales system for eCommerce, building websites, sales funnels, membership sites, and all the good sauce.
After 5 years in the game building a successful online business selling eBooks, info products, membership sites, and courses plus affiliate marketing, I owe a lot of my recent success to GrooveFunnels.
But while I do love GrooveFunnels and use it pretty much every day, it’s 100% NOT FOR EVERYONE. So, it’s important to know whether or not this sales funnel builder is right for you before you spend your hard-earned money.
In this GrooveFunnels review, I’ll give you my honest opinion on:
- Is GrooveFunnels worth it?
- The pros and cons
- Is it actually good for building websites and sales funnels?
- Some drawbacks to GrooveFunnels and if they are deal breakers
- And much more…
So grab a coffee, close all your YouTube tabs, and let’s take a deep dive in my 2023 GrooveFunnels user review.
Table of Contents
FLASHBACK: 2015 Before GrooveFunnels
I got into the game in 2014.
I’ll never forget making my first online money. I made $50 bucks selling a WordPress website building course. Man, it might as well have been $50,000 the way I bragged about it to my friends (by friends I mean internet strangers).
Kids these days don’t know how lucky they are. Life was TOUGH back then.
Step 1, make a one-page website.
Then, set up MailChimp. Oh, it’s not really free? Cool, here’s MORE money.
Want to host a webinar? Shell out some more money.
Selling products on your site? Get ready to pay for a shopping cart tool.
And I don’t even know which janky funnel builder I used. Hell, I don’t think I even had a real funnel.
ClickFunnels was barely off the ground back then – I wouldn’t have known how to use it anyway.
You get the picture.
Pain. In. The. ___
Fill in the blank. Kids might be reading.
Seriously, ask anyone in this business and they’ll tell you integrating and managing different software is THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE in building a successful online business.
Not finding products…
Not hiring in foreign countries…
Integrating software tools.
I made a solid living for a few years, but everything has changed since I switched to GrooveFunnels and got access to all the tools on the Groove platform.
GrooveFunnels does everything for me – funnels, page builders, shopping carts, webinar hosting, video hosting, affiliate management, and pretty much everything else.
It revolutionized my business. Like, I’m talking exponentially increasing my profits and drastically reducing my nights at the bar after work.
If I had to sum it up, GrooveFunnels is the ultimate all-in-one platform for infoproducts, courses, agencies, and other types of other online business. It’s faster, more streamlined, and better for SEO than other competitors, plus it uses Vue.js (functionally limitless customizability) rather than the super outdated Bootstrap.
Simply put, GrooveFunnels is helping take my online business to the moon. And it’s only going to get better and better.
GrooveFunnels Review: 3 Things All Entrepreneurs Need to Know BEFORE Buying (Including Pricing Outline)
#1) GrooveFunnels saves you money
GrooveFunnels is a great deal compared to most of its competitors because it gives you access to over a dozen different tools on the Groove platform all in one subscription.
That means you won’t have to pay for a separate page builder, eCommerce platform, CRM, email marketing software, membership site software, sales funnels builder, webinar platform, shopping cart tool, or affiliate manager again because all of this and more is included with your subscription to the Groove platform.
The savings are incredible when it comes to GrooveFunnels pricing. LeadPages alone costs between $80 – $300 a month. And that’s just one tool. Then you’ll need at least 4-5 more.
I was spending over $500 a month on ClickFunnels, Activecampaign, SamCart, and EverWebinar, and that’s not even all the tools I had.
For me, switching to GrooveFunnels was a no brainer.
For one monthly subscription (the Starter Plan is great for most small and medium businesses at $79/mo billed annually or $99/mo if you pay month-to-month), I can get access to tools that do all of the same things and more for a fraction of the price I was paying.
There’s even a free plan that let’s you build funnels and sell digital products at no cost.
Yes, the free plan is limited and you’ll likely outgrow it quickly and need to use one of their (affordable) paid plans, but it’s still a way to check out the Groove platform and get a feel for some of the things it has to offer if you’re just starting out.
#2) GrooveFunnels makes things simple
Sorry to beat a dead horse, but it’s just not dead enough yet.
GrooveFunnels contains every tool you need to plan, start, launch, and grow nearly any type of online business under one roof.
These headaches vanished immediately after switching to Groove:
- Managing 4 separate platforms. (super inconvenient)
- Dealing with integration errors (tech knowledge needed)
- Infiltrating all the different customer support teams (time-consuming)
- PAYING ALL these different providers (expensive). I was paying $500/month for 5 tools. Now I can pay less than half of that each month and get access to just about any tool I could ever need to grow my business. Groove is an excellent value that’s a fraction of the price of getting all the different tools you need separately.
Every minute you spend learning new software, switching between ecosystems, training employees in a new tool, and mentally multitasking is a minute you spend not working.
Groove puts an end to duct taping a dozen different tools together and hoping it sticks.
Just keeping track of 6 different tools alone is mental anguish.
To be fair, ClickFunnels and other competitors also do this. GrooveFunnels isn’t your only option.
I just think GrooveFunnels is better than other alternatives for a few reasons we’ll cover in this review.
I love waking up in the morning and NOT WORRYING about Shopify, SamCart, TapAffiliate, ZenDesk, Kajabi, Zapier, Provely, Calendly, WordPress, and OH GOD MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!
Now I have every tool I need in one place.
#3) GrooveFunnels has a free plan, but it’s probably not worth it for you
GrooveFunnels offers access to all its tools for free but with restrictions that will eventually catch up to you.
I always tell people the same thing when talking about the free plan. It goes to this tune:
Them: Is GrooveFunnels really free?
Them: What? Really?
Me: Yeah, seriously. No credit card needed. And you get access to the page builder, checkout cart, ecom platform and everything.
Them: Wow, I’ll go sign up now!
Here’s the issue:
The free plan is like an adamantium metal ceiling on your business. You can definitely use it to get off the ground and access some great marketing tools, but you will smash into that ceiling and break your burgeoning business into little binary code pieces very quickly.
From the outside, it LOOKS like you get everything you need to grow. But in reality you don’t. Here’s what that ceiling is made out of:
- Very few sales funnel and page templates (5 – and not good ones)
- 500 contacts limit (impossible to grow)
- 2,500 email limit. Any small – medium size business will smash this with a few automated campaigns
- 3% transaction fee. The free plan eats 3% extra off of every sale. That’s 3% you can’ pocket or reinvest.
See the issue here? You’ll eventually hit a ceiling and then you’ll need to buy a paid plan anyway.
If you really want to check out the free plan and you’re just starting your business, go for it. But just know that if you really want to grow and scale your business, you’ll need to upgrade to one of their paid plans pretty quickly.
GrooveFunnels: Who It’s For
GrooveFunnels is more like an entire online sales system rather than a funnel builder, so it works with just about any online business.
Even if you don’t use half the tools that come with it (19+), you’ll still get a ton of value.
I recommend GrooveFunnels for:
- Course creators: Build, market, and grow your course through one platform. GrooveFunnels costs less than many course platforms, and those don’t come with marketing or email!
- Marketing agencies: Infinite web design, lots of templates, easy sales funnels, tons of online marketing tools – it’s got everything you need.
- eCom stores: Create unlimited stores and import directly from shopify. Plus the transaction fees are lower. To be fair, Shopify is better overall for eCom stores, but doesn’t have the marketing capabilities of Groove. With Groove, you can build a store, display infinite products, design landing pages, accept payments (for cheap), employ 1-click upsells, and pretty much everything Shopify can do.
- Online coaches and consultants: Groove empowers you to create memberships, funnels, landing pages (with templates), and a ton more.
- Affiliate managers: Groove’s affiliate management tool is powerful enough to manage a huge web of affiliates and affiliate programs. Similar software costs upwards of $2,000/year.
GrooveFunnels: Who It's Not For
Groove is too large and complicated for some entrepreneurs. I don’t recommend it for:
- Solo site bloggers: If you just want a personal blog for branding or small-time affiliate sales, then WordPress and some plugins will do you just fine. You won’t pay a dime. Groove is for growing large businesses or smaller businesses with plans to grow.
- You need hands on training: Groove’s training isn’t at the level of Kajabi or other competitors. They’re too busy perfecting the software. There’s plenty of training available, but you won’t get hands-on training from the team.
- Anyone looking for FREE stuff: Groove has free stuff, but it’s not worth it. You’re better off getting a free plan for an individual tool. For example, get the free MailChimp plan for email marketing rather than using Groove’s free plan. With Groove, you’ll build fast, run into a ceiling, and have nowhere to grow without upgrading to their paid online marketing tools.
Pros and Cons: 3 Things I Like and 3 Things I Don’t Like
After over a year on the sauce, I want to give you a balanced view of what’s good and not so good about the platform.
Pro #1 - One platform that does it all
I pay for one platform that gives me access to more than enough tools to grow my business. This has to be #1 for me.
No more managing 10 different subscriptions!
I have access to tons of online marketing tools (sales funnel builder, email marketing, landing pages templates, affiliate manager, shopping carts, etc.) that will continue to help me grow my businesses for years to come.
Con #1 - The drag-and-drop editor
This tool is extremely intuitive, powerful, and scalable – when it works properly. Sometimes you drag something onto the page and it flies back with a mind of its own.
To be fair, this has improved drastically since when I first got the tool, so I’m sure it’ll get better.
It slows down building landing pages to a certain degree, but not usually much.
Pro #2 - GrooveFunnels is the best sales system for SEO
GrooveFunnels is a big step up from competitors on the SEO side.
Many of the simpler on-page SEO elements are built right into the software:
- Page title
- Meta keywords
- Meta description
- Page URL
It also makes domain name and page structure extremely easy, even if you have no experience. For example, “Al.Groovepages.com/products/kitchenware”.
On top of that, load times are a LOT faster since it doesn’t use Bootstrap.
Most other sales systems totally neglect SEO, making it a lot harder to rank websites.
Con #2 - There are a TON of apps
The first thing that popped into my head after logging into GrooveFunnels was:
Man, there’s a lot to unpack here since GrooveFunnels is designed to be an all-in-one platform. It could be a bit overwhelming if this is your first time starting a business. The learning curve is going to be gradual. Not steep, but not flat either.
The good news is that you don’t need every tool to be successful. If this is your first eCom store, just use Kart and get your feet wet with Mail.
If you’re a course creator, use Memberships and Mail.
You don’t need to use every tool at once. Start small, make your first few sales, and build from there.
There’s always Groove Digital Academy that walks you step by step through how to do everything.
Pro #3 - Both highly customizable and plug-and-place
You can customize any landing page however you want it, but if you don’t have any design or coding experience, you can just use one of the hundreds of pre-made templates.
Just choose one, change the text, add your logo, and bang, you’re done.
There are templates for:
- Automotive & Cards
- Booking / Scheduling
- Business / Corporate
- Contest or Giveaway
- Courses / Training
- Cross-Sell pages
- DownSell pages
- Upsell pages
- E-Commerce one product pages
- Free Resource or download
- Checkout pages
- Consultation funnels
- Food & Beverage websites for restaurants
- Health & Fitness funnels
- Lifestyle & Blogging
- Long form sales letter
- Newsletter opt-in
- Offer, Discount or Coupon
- Optin funnels
- Real estate funnels
- Retail websites
- Service & Maintenance websites
- Sign-up/login pages
- Startup website
- Thank you pages
- Travel website
- Webinar funnel
Which is another reason why it’s great for agencies. It doesn’t matter if you have an auto body client, real estate client, gyms, local restaurants, whatever, there’s something for everyone.
As an individual, you don’t need any experience. Say you’re a fitness coach. Just select their template, upload an image of yourself, write in your offer in the corresponding boxes, and you’re set.
You’ve got a landing page with a value proposition. It shouldn’t take more than an hour.
Con #3 - GrooveFunnels has a bit of a learning curve
When you switch over to the Groove platform and all of its tools, it’s going to take you a little bit of time to get familiar with how everything works.
Going through this learning curve might be a little frustrating at times.
This could be daunting if you’re a total beginner, but in my opinion, it’s still worth it in the end because of the immense value you stand to gain from having access to so many excellent tools.
Key Features of Groovefunnels
Now you know why I recommend GrooveFunnels. So now let’s cover what you get and how they work.
Groovefunnels comes with a host of features that enhances the productivity and effectiveness of digital marketing strategies.
What is Groovefunnels?
Groovefunnels is a suite of digital products you can leverage to create a profitable online business.
Regardless of what product or service you’re selling, this platform offers many tools that help with creating sales funnels, tapping into email marketing automation, building your landing pages and websites, tracking analytics, and more.
This site was created by Mike Filsaime, a well-known and experienced digital marketer, author, speaker, software developer, and educator. He has brought all this experience into this product to make it a comprehensive one.
GroovePages is the landing page and sales funnel builder of Groovefunnels.
It is designed to start and grow a business immediately and requires no technical or coding knowledge to get started. The website editor for building landing pages is intuitive and user-friendly and comes with a ton of well-designed templates that you can choose from.
The drag and drop editor also makes it easy to customize your template and create stunning landing pages, sales funnels, and even a complete website within a short time.
Some of the salient features of this tool are:
- Drag and drop functionality
- Unlimited funnels, landing pages, and custom domains
- Free hosting, bandwidth, and SSL certificate
- Pre-designed and wireframe blocks
- SEO friendly
- Google analytics and tracking
- Allows you to import funnels
Overall, its simple interface and powerful features make it a good choice for online sellers, small businesses, bloggers, content marketers, membership sites, and just about anyone looking to promote products or services online.
And with all their tools, it’s easy to monitor how your pages are performing and to find ways to improve landing page conversion rates over time.
This feature is available when you sign up now for a free account.
GrooveSell is the sales and affiliate management platform that makes it easy to sell products and services and at the same time, be a member of the GrooveFunnels affiliate program.
It comes with a streamlined dashboard that allows you to switch between being a vendor and an affiliate marketer, so you can track your performance in both roles. By default, the vendor statistics are displayed.
As with all platforms of Groovefunnels, the GrooveSell is also intuitive and easy to navigate. It comes with the following features to enhance the marketability of a product or service.
- You can offer any kind of pricing – one-time fees, free trials, recurring payments for membership sites, and more.
- Supports order bumps, one-click upsells, and downsells
- Makes it easy to build checkout carts, forms, embed widgets, and offer discounts
- You can add promotional assets such as related content and coupons to support your affiliates
Overall, this is a comprehensive sales funnel builder that comes with a ton of user-friendly features. This platform is also available for life when you sign up for a free account. But this offer is available for a limited time only.
GrooveAffiliate is an affiliate marketing platform that makes it convenient for affiliates to promote products, get related information, access the available promotional tools, and more. This platform aims to provide a streamlined selling experience to affiliates, and it does a good job at it too.
An advantage of this platform is the wide affiliate choices. Since GroovePages is free, many online marketers tend to use it to promote their products and services, so affiliates have a wide range of products to choose from.
The analytics is pretty exhaustive too, as you get to track the number of visitors, signups, sales, and commissions you earn. These results can also be filtered by dates and amounts, thereby giving you a customizable look into your performance.
Probably, the most attractive part of the Groovefunnels affiliate program is the payout rates. When a person signs up because of you, that account is connected with you forever.
When that member upgrades to a paid account, you earn a commission on it. If the signup happens because of your efforts, you get 20% of the total sign up cost as your commission. This is such a huge perk to being a member of the Groovefunnels affiliate program!
So, what happens if the member upgrades to a paid account due to the promotional efforts of Groovefunnels or any other affiliate partner?
Well, you still get 10% and the remaining 10% goes to Groovefunnels or the affiliate member whose efforts led to the upgrade.
GrooveKart is an e-commerce platform that helps to sell products to customers.
It comes with many powerful features to support those who create products or resell them. These features include neat categorization, analytics, reporting, selling variants such as size and color, shipping, built-in support desk, one-page checkout, and customized look and feel.
Other salient features are:
- One-click upsell
- Seamless offers of coupons and discounts
- Support for different currencies
- Compliance with FTC GUARDIAN
- Drag and drop feature
- Pre-made blocks and templates
- Integration with social media
- No coding required
- Designed for mobile and desktop devices
- Supports order bumps and pre-transaction upsells
As a bonus, it supports print-on-demand and drop-shipping capabilities built right into it.
It also integrates well with many third-party apps.
GrooveMail is an email autoresponder that automates email marketing.
It offers a wide range of templates for your entire online business – any business or product – so it becomes easy to create newsletters and simple text emails that are enticing for users to open.
Also, the analytics are pretty extensive as it gives open rates, click-through rates, and other metrics necessary to evaluate the performance of your email marketing campaigns.
It also integrates with other tools in the Groovefunnels platform.
It merits to note that this feature is limted to 500 contacts in the Free plan and up to 30,000 contacts with the Pro Plan.
GrooveVideo, as the name suggests, is a video marketing platform that allows you to reach out to your potential audience with visually appealing videos related to your product or service. It is a handy way to gain more audience and to spread the word about your offerings.
This tool makes it easy to choose from existing video players and customize them to meet your needs. You can set the opt-in form to appear over the videos, play videos directly from the cloud, and more.
The advanced analytics gives in-depth insights into your viewership and audiences’ expectations and behavior, so you can change content and presentation if required.
Such video tools are often missing in similar sales funnels platforms, so this is definitely a neat addition to your digital marketing tools.
- GrooveDesk – Helps to manage the technical support questions from your customers
- GrooveQuiz – Ideal for creating quizzes
- GrooveSurvey – Create surveys and questionnaires
- GrooveMarketplace – A single platform where you can find products from other companies, users, and affiliate marketers.
- GrooveStreaming Live and GrooveStreaming Automated – Streams videos live or automated concurrently to social media platforms such as Facebook and YouTube.
- GrooveFunnelMapping – This funnel mapping platform helps to establish domains, sub-domains, and DNS records.
- GrooveSDK- Gives access to third-party software to integrate them into your sales funnel or landing page
- GroovePipe CRM – A complete CRM platform to handle all interactions with your customers
- GrooveCalendar – schedules meetings, events, calls, and helps you stay on top of everything
Groovefunnels Review : Cost of Plans
Groovefunnels currently offers three plans and they are:
- Base plan (FREE) – 500 contacts, 2,500 email sends per month, 1 custom domain
- Starter plan ($79/mo billed annually) — 5,000 contacts, 50,000 email sends per month, unlimited products, 5 custom domains, no platform fees.
- Pro plan ($239/mo billed annually) — 30,000 contacts, unlimited email sends, unlimited custom domains, unlimited pages hosting, and more.
These are some of the salient features and services offered by Groovefunnels.
At this point, I think it’s pretty clear getting all of this in one subscription at reasonable rates is a steal.
That said, it may not be ideal for all businesses or individuals. So, choose Groovefunnels if you want:
- You want free access for life to a page builder (GroovePages) and digital sales platform (GrooveSell) with the Free Plan!
- Forward-looking technology that is highly scalable
- Comprehensive platforms that offer a wide range of digital marketing tools
- A platform that is user-friendly and easy to navigate
- A top affiliate program that pays well consistently
- A helpful community that answers your doubts and questions
On the other hand, do not choose Groovefunnels if you want to:
- Access all its functionality immediately. Remember, Groovefunnels is still fairly new and its creators are adding more features and services that are expected to become available soon
- Work with a simple drag and drop editor, as Groovefunnels’ editor offers a ton of customization that can be overwhelming for some people.
- Use only specific functionalities and not all that Groovefunnels offers.
Basically, if you’re serious about growing an online business and want the best deal on the web before it’s gone, get GrooveFunnels before it’s too late and they raise prices.
If you’re someone who needs more tools now or is just looking for something similar, here are a few alternatives:
Though it is hard to find a comprehensive platform like Groovefunnels, you can use other services for specific functionalities.
Here is a list of alternatives for specific functionalities of Groovefunnels.
- GroovePages – Clickfunnels, Builderall, or Leadpages for building funnels. Check out our Groovefunnels vs Clickfunnels or Groovefunnels vs Builderall and Groovefunnels vs Leadpages articles for a full comparison.
- GrooveMail – MailChimp or Activecampaign for email automation and marketing
- GrooveMember – Kajabi, Kartra, or Teachable for membership sites. We have broken down the battles between Groovefunnels and their membership competitors in our Groovefunnels vs Kartra comparison review and Groovefunnels vs Kajabi discussion.
- GrooveVideo – Vimeo or YouTube for video hosting
- GrooveBlog – WordPress for managing content through blogs
- GrooveCalendar – Calendar or Calendly to stay on top of your schedule
- GroovePipe – PipeDrive for CRM
But if you want it all, Groovefunnels is your choice.