Kajabi vs Clickfunnels: 2020 No Fluff Comparison
Kajabi and Clickfunnels are two popular digital marketing platforms that seem to have many similarities on the face of it, but in reality, they are meant for slightly different purposes.
That’s why we want to tell you what exactly these platforms do, their main features such as content delivery, marketing tools, integrations, and customer service, and when you should choose one over the other.
Also, it’s important to note that both platforms have no free plan, but come with a three-tiered pricing for flexibility. Both offer a 14-day free trial as well.
What is Kajabi and Clickfunnels?
Kajabi is a content delivery and marketing platform that helps you to create and sell content-based products such as online courses, ebooks, training programs, and more. They also make it easy to set up membership plans for accessing premium content.
Clickfunnels, on the other hand, is a marketing platform that makes it easy to sell any physical or digital product.
In this sense, Clickfunnels is for a wider audience as it is designed to sell both digital and physical products while Kajabi is mostly for digital educators and content creators.
Now that you have a basic idea of what each of these platforms can do for you, let’s jump into a detailed comparison to help you make the right choice.
Kajabi vs Clickfunnels - Feature Comparison
In this section, we’ll compare the important features between the two platforms.
Kajabi makes it easy to create beautiful landing pages to capture leads, generate interest in your products, and convert your visitors to subscribers. A few highlights of this tool are:
- Complete control over all page elements
- More than 100 templates to choose from
- Easy to customize
- Kajabi automatically stores the details entered through the opt-in page in your account, so no separate integration with an email provider is required.
- No coding knowledge is necessary.
Creating a landing page is pretty easy in Clickfunnels, thanks to its aesthetically-designed templates. It also offers the following features.
- Landing pages are categorized based on your goals. So, you get to choose a marketing funnel first and then the landing pages based on it. For example, if you want to create an opt-in landing page, choose the “Collect emails” funnel and pick the landing pages associated with it.
- A thank you page is automatically created with the landing page
- You can customize your landing page with just a drag and drop.
- No coding knowledge is needed.
- Integrates well with the marketing funnel and third-party email service providers for autoresponder services and to guide your leads to perform specific actions.
Both the platforms have many landing page templates to meet your specific needs and they can be customized easily without coding. Due to these similarities, both the platforms are winners in this category.
Automations are extremely powerful as they take a lot of time and effort from your shoulders and at the same time, give the results you want. Let’s see how Kajabi and ClickFunnels score on this front.
Kajabi helps to build relationships and increase conversions on autopilot mode. Here’s a look at some of the key aspects of its marketing automation.
- Sends email broadcasts to all your members with a single click
- Connects all the products together in the Kajabi ecosystem
- Automates your email marketing efforts with follow-up emails to the right people at the right time.
- Personalizes your communication for a human touch
- Easy to set up
While here, let’s talk a bit about an important marketing automation tool called Pipelines, which are pre-written funnels that allow users to completely automate marketing within the Kajabi platform.
These pipelines streamline the way your business is run and you can choose a funnel based on what you’re looking to achieve. Some options include getting new leads, launching a new product or service, email marketing, and more.
Clickfunnels’ marketing automation increases the effectiveness of your efforts with the following key aspects.
- Captures leads automatically and sends custom emails to them through a single broadcast.
- Provides the right analytics to understand buying behavior
- Helps to measure marketing workflows
- Segments people based on their clicking and buying behavior
Clickfunnels scores over Kajabi because it gives better insights into the behavior of your members and segments them accordingly. It also gives you more control over how you want to interact with them.
But Kajabi is not so far behind either, especially with its pipelines option.
ClickFunnels integrates well with Stripe, PayPal, Authorize.net, Infusionsoft, and other major payment providers. But the one downside with ClickFunnels is that it does not support PayPal for one-time offers or one-click upsells.
Kajabi, on the other hand, integrates only with Stripe and PayPal and there are no restrictions on using either payment gateway for membership subscriptions or one-time payments.
When compared to the two, ClickFunnels is the hands-down winner as it gives your audience more payment options than Kajabi.
Email marketing is one of the pillars of online digital marketing and undoubtedly, both the platforms come with advanced features that help you to reach out to your audience, send follow-up emails, and more.
The advantage that Clickfunnels has over Kajabi is that it integrates with an email marketing solution called Actionetics that segments your email list by location, gender, age, engagement level, and purchases, based on which you can customize your email marketing funnel.
In other words, all that you have to do is build an email funnel and ClickFunnels handles the rest.
Despite this ease and simplicity, Kajabi scores over ClickFunnels because this email autoresponder service is available in ClickFunnels only when you subscribe to the platinum level which is $297 per month.
On the other hand, Kajabi offers unlimited emails in their base plan itself, thereby offering a good value for your money.
From this perspective, Kajabi is the winner in this category.
Kajabi is the king of course creation as it allows you to create a wide range of content based on what you want to sell and the expectations of your target audience. It’s simple drag and drop interface makes it easy to upload any kind of course such as a mini course, full online course, membership-based content, or coaching program.
You can also add many types of content such as quizzes, audios, videos, assessments, exams, podcasts, and more. Also, you can use different templates and themes for different types of content, thereby making each offering a unique one.
ClickFunnels is highly limited in the area of course creation as it is more focused on marketing and selling a product.
So, if you’re looking for a course creation platform, Kajabi is your outright choice.
Both the platforms integrate well with many third-party applications such as social media platforms and email marketing solutions.
Above everything, both integrate with Zapier, that in turn, connects with thousands of apps.
The key difference is Kajabi integrates with 10 built-in apps besides Zapier while ClickFunnels connects with an exhaustive list that includes Salesforce and Hubspot.
Needless to say, ClickFunnels is the winner as it integrates with way more apps than Kajabi but with Zapier, you should be able to get the connections you need in Kajabi.
Analytics are an essential part of every marketing tool and here’s a look at how Kajabi and ClickFunnels fare in this area.
Kajabi’s subscription metrics dashboard gives elaborate information such as
- Monthly recurring revenue
- Average revenue per user
- Churn rate
- Net revenue
- Offers sold
- Affiliate progress
- Page views
- Member progress, and more
These analytics give you precise information about where you are and what you can do to improve your success rate.
Kajabi also integrates well with Google analytics to give information about your footfalls, browsing pattern, and more.
Clickfunnels integrates with Google Analytics and Tracking Pixel to give you granular information such as:
- Traffic and its sources
- Audience interests and behavior
- Conversion rate
- Email statistics
- Performance of every element of content on your page
ClickFunnels is the winner in this category as it gives you the information needed to create a personalized experience for customers and to tap into retargeting campaigns. While Kajabi is good, ClickFunnels provides a more granular view and this is where it scores.
ClickFunnels has top-notch customer support and you can reach its customer representative through emails, phone calls, live chat, filling a form, and even scheduling a call back.
Kajabi’s customer service is also good as you can reach them through phone, emails, tickets/form, and a 24X7 live chat.
Since there isn’t much of a difference, both platforms score well when it comes to customer support.
Ease of Use
Both the platforms are designed to help online businesses and digital entrepreneurs to set up their content and marketing funnels within minutes, so both are easy to use. In fact, these platforms are intuitive and user-friendly, and require no coding or technical knowledge.
Kajabi offers affiliate payments at the rate of 30 percent for the lifetime of any referral. Besides, it also offers a performance-based bonus that increases as you scale every level with your performance. You can also have complete control over your level and performance by looking at your partner dashboard at any time.
ClickFunnels also has a tier-based affiliate program where you earn a 20% commission for all new customers, a 40% commission on front-end offers as a front-end affiliate, 30% commission on SaaS and 40% on front-end offers as an open affiliate, and 40% commission on SaaS and 40% on front-end offers as a qualified affiliate.
Both the affiliate programs are good as they provide ample opportunities to earn, so both are winners.
Key Feature Differences
Now that we have seen an overview of what Kajabi and Clickfunnel offers, let’s see their key feature differences.
- Better platform for content creation
- Excellent choice for building membership sites
- Pre-built template for different products
- Helps the end user to gain knowledge in their chosen learning area.
- Provides support to sell any product
- Completely automated marketing funnels
- Better analytics
Kajabi vs ClickFunnels Pricing
Kajabi pricing and ClickFunnels offer three plans all of which come with a 14-day free trial. No free plan is offered by either of the platforms
- Basic plan – 3 products and pipelines with unlimited landing pages and emails for marketing. Priced at $119/month.
- Growth plan – 15 products and pipelines. Supports up to 10 admin users and 10,000 active members. Priced at $159/month
- Pro plan – 100 products and pipelines. Supports up to three websites, 25 admin users, and 20.000 active members. Priced at $319/month.
- Basic plan – 20 funnels, three domains, and 100 pages. Priced at $97/month.
- Platinum plan – Unlimited pages and funnels and nine domains. Priced at $297/month
- Collective plan – Unlimited pages and funnels and 27 domains. Priced at $1,497/month/
Now comes the important question – which should you choose?
There is no simple answer to this question as it depends on your goals, budget, and the features you want.
Choose Kajabi when you want to:
- Become a knowledge entrepreneur and want to share your knowledge and expertise to the world
- Build a content-based business where you provide premium content to members
- Create an intimate community or audience that share the same interest
- Have modern and aesthetically-appealing templates for a knowledgeable audience.
- You want a flexible platform to sell both physical and digital products
- Digital marketing is your main goal and you’re not so focussed on content delivery
- You’re on a budget and want to explore the world of online marketing
- You want to reach a wide audience and need a platform that integrates with a ton of apps.
In short, Kajabi and ClickFunnels are two different platforms designed to suit different users. While Kajabi is suited for content-based digital marketing, ClickFunnels is more a marketing platform that helps to sell any product quickly.
Given this difference, the choice is completely based on your goals and expectations.