RingCentral Pricing: Which Plan Should You Get?
If you’ve been thinking about improving your customer engagement strategy but don’t know where to start, try RingCentral.
This video conferencing platform does it all:
- From handling your business communication needs through text messages, phone and video,
- To improving customer experience through expert handling of inbound calls and use of outbound strategies such as targeted SMS,
- And providing you with a video platform for collaborating with your team
But how much does all this cost, and which of RingCentral’s plans should you get for your company?
Let’s find out more in this article on RingCentral pricing.
Table of Contents
Overview: How Much Does RingCentral Cost?
RingCentral has three products, each with its own pricing structure:
- Ring Central MVP
- Ring central video
- RingCentral call center
RingCentral MVP has four plans:
RingCentral video has 2 plans:
- RingCentral video pro: free
- RingCentral video pro+: this plan costs $14.99/user/month for monthly payments or $11.99/user/month for annual payments, for up to 99 users. If you have more than 100 users, the price goes down to $13.99 per user/month or $10.99/user/month, annually.
You have to contact the sales team to get pricing for RingCentral Call Center.
An In-depth Look At RingCentral Plans
RingCentral is priced on a “per user” basis. Its pricing also changes on a “number of users” sliding scale.
Pricing remains the same up to 99 users, although the 50-99 users band opens access to a demo. Interestingly, the cost of the standard, premium and ultimate plans is lower at 100-999 users.
Besides the cost of RingCentral’s plans, there are other additional costs such as;
- The cost of extra toll-free or local numbers ($4.99 per user per month),
- Extra international toll-free numbers ($14.99 per user per month)
- Additional vanity numbers ($30 paid once)
- Extra international numbers ($5.99 per user per month)
- An added Volume SMS package (from $.0085 per message sent pr received)
- Room Connector license ($49 monthly for each endpoint)
- RingCentral Rooms license ($49 per room per month)
Ring Central MVP
The MVP essentials plan is great for a small team. The plan has the following features:
- It supports up to 20 users
- All users get a dedicated phone and phone number that they can use for calling and messaging.
- There are more than 200 area codes to choose from
- Your team can get local numbers. This will help you build trust with the clients in the locale you are calling. Other added benefits to having RingCentral numbers include: routing calls to a toll-free number, displaying the phone number during outbound calls, adding numbers to your contacts.
- If you are using a toll-free number, you can choose a vanity prefix (one that includes words e.g 1-888-super-sales). A toll-free number with words is more memorable than one with numbers only.
- You can make unlimited phone calls to the US or Canada. Different calling plans are available, giving you the flexibility to choose based on budget or carrier preference.
- Text messaging designed to meet carrier stipulations for business SMS
- Voicemail messages can covert to text, so users can view them in text format, rank them by importance, and therefore prioritize their responses.
- Users can message each other, share calendars and assign tasks. This enables collaboration with teams and clients.
- Integrate different tools such as OneDrive and Google drive, and project management tools to enable team collaboration, document sharing and storage
- Company-wide system configuration for easier and standardized access to call management features across your organization. Call management features such as call logs; call screening forwarding and transfer; notifications; answering rules; call flip; call park, and presence.
- Support for iOS and Android. RingCentral has apps for devices running on different operating systems. You can set up or join conferences, send or receive texts and even faxes on your iOS or android devices, and configure notifications and other system settings on any device.
- Crystal clear calls with HD voice
- Option to rent phones and desks
Some of the features mentioned above are however quite limiting:
The phone numbers are not enabled for video meetings. This feature is only available for higher plans.
There is a limit on the number of SMS you can send, although this is not specified in the plans. To know the SMS limit specific to your plan, contact the sales team.
The call management feature does not support intercom, shared lines, and paging
A few things stand out right away when you look at the standard plan. These include:
- It has no upper limit on users
- You can get phone numbers in more than 100 countries
- Not only can you make unlimited calls, you also get unlimited internet fax and audio conferencing
Other additional features include:
- Customized customer greetings and highly personalized call routing
- Implementation consultation services to help you implement RingCentral
- Video meetings with up to 100 participants
- On demand call recording
- HD video
- Integrations with Microsoft 365, google workspace and others
- Up to 24-hour meeting duration
- Quality-of-service reports
- Unlimited 24/7 support through chat and phone
- Support for RingCentral Rooms, to help you turn your calls into a conference room
- Room Connector license, to help you use your existing conferencing hardware to connect to RingCentral
As impressive as these features are, the standard plan is still limited as some of the features mentioned here don’t come with their full capabilities.
For instance, automatic call recording. The standard plan supports on-demand call recording, which means that you have to manually record calls. This means added manual effort on your team. It could also increase errors, e.g., a user might forget to enable manual recording, in addition to possibly missing out on important data in inbound or outbound calls.
The MVP premium plan has all the features in the standard plan, but it doubles the participants capacity on the Standard plan – it can accommodate up to 200 people in a video meeting. It also supports automatic instead of manual call recording.
This plan comes with additional features such as:
- Single Sign-on log-in, a feature that allows users to log into any work application with their work log in credentials. This saves time, increases efficiency, centralizes app authentication, and reduces the costs involved in password recovery.
- Multi-site management, which reduces the complexity of managing communication across your different sites. You can register each site under configurations that cater for its specific needs.
- Flexibility to manage and support your branch offices based on their unique operational needs.
- Site codes and extension codes to simplify call handling for large customers with multiple sites
- Hot desking, a cloud-phone administration feature that lets users place calls and manage messages from any office or while working remotely
- Management oversight: managers can listen in on calls and provide guidance and coaching. Managers can also assign roles and permissions or create user groups.
- Real time data collection and reports
- Integration with popular CRM tools and other apps specific to your industry or niche
- Build custom integrations with RingCentral API
As you can see, you can grow and scale with the feature-packed premium plan. But it still has some few features missing, that you can only get on the MVP ultimate plan.
The missing features aren’t a deal breaker per se as you can still get a lot of use from Ring Central without them. All the same, let’s look at the Ultimate plan to see what this full package comes with.
When you sign up for the ultimate plan, you’ll get all the features in the premium plan, plus these three additional features:
- Global reports showing device registration status and user history
- Automated alerts to let you know when devices go offline
- Unlimited storage space for all your files. This could be recordings, documents, spreadsheets, videos, images, presentations, invoices, contracts, etcetera.
The ultimate plan is meant to give you additional insight on the operations in your global sites. Its unlimited storage capacity will also come in handy if you have a large team with huge storage requirements, and if you would prefer all documentation be handled centrally.
Both RingCentral video pro and pro+ support:
- 24 hours of meeting duration
- HD video and voice,
- Customized personal meeting IDs
- A selection of backdrops to customize your background
- Closed captioning (speech to text displayed on the screen)
- Private chats even in group meetings
- Holding two meetings simultaneously
- Controlled admittance through a waiting room
- Secure cloud recordings
- Team alerts
- Video integration and calendar scheduling with Microsoft 365.
The pro package is however limited in some aspects: you can only host up to 100 participants, cloud recording is limited to 10 hours, and recordings are only saved for up to 7 days.
The pro+ package on the other hand supports 200 participants, 1 year recording retention and 100 hours of recording.
The pro package also includes other advanced features such as:
- Single sign-on log-in
- Call delegation
- “Call me” instead of dial-in, with up to 500 minutes of call time
- Integrate business apps or build your own custom integrations
- Customized retention period
- Advanced reporting features
- Message history export
- 24/7 support via multiple channels by a live agent
- File sharing
- Connection to RingCentral Room Connector and RingCentral Rooms
All these features make RingCentral Video Pro+ a more attractive package especially when you consider its relatively low cost of only costs $14.99/user/month.
RingCentral Contact Center
RingCentral Contact Center comes as an add-on service to RingCentral MVP. Access to the different contact center features will depend on the MVP plan you are on.
For example, if you are on the essentials plan, you will get access to 3 ports, 5GB of storage for your recordings, skills-based automatic call routing (ACD), and call responses via interactive voice recording (IVR).
If you subscribe to contact center while on the standard plan, you will get the contact center features available on the essentials plan, plus advanced voice recording features and omnichannel.
Omnichannel is also available on the premium plan, only it includes quality management. The premium plan also allows screen recording.
Getting Contact Center while on the ultimate plan will give you added features such as workforce management, and performance management services such as coaching, performance measurement, gamification and feedback. These services are geared towards performance improvement.
Can You Cancel Your RingCentral Plan?
Yes. If you don’t want to renew your RingCentral subscription, you can cancel it in the admin section of your account.
Cancelling your subscription will not affect your current paid subscription; you should be able to use RingCentral until your current subscription ends.
RingCentral does not issue any refunds for amounts renewed automatically.
Does RingCentral Have A Free Trial?
New RingCentral users can try the service for free for 30 days. The free trial is however limited, and only allows 5 users, 2 phones and 50 minutes of calls for each user. The trial is also limited to domestic calls and does not allow SMS use.
Once you cancel your free trial, you must return all the equipment as failure to do so will result in equipment charges. If you purchased any equipment for the trial, you will be issued with a refund as long as the equipment is in good working condition.
RingCentral Likes and Drawbacks
- Low upfront costs with no on-premises hardware to buy or manage
- You have the option to your existing hardware
- Ease of use and training
- Integration with leading software applications such as CRM packages, Microsoft Outlook, Office 365, G Suite, calendar apps, instant messaging apps and more.
- Automated receptionist service
- International calling capabilities
- 24/7 customer support available by phone or email at no extra charge
- Limited geographic coverage – not all RingCentral plans are available in all areas of the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and UK
- No customer support at lower price tiers
- The auto attendant feature can be frustrating to set up
- RingCentral cost can begin to stack up if you need to scale up the number of users or use the whole suite of RingCentral solutions.
Conclusion: A Recap of RingCentral Pricing
RingCentral is an all-in-one suite of communication solutions that includes Ring Central MVP, Ring central video, and RingCentral Contact Center.
RingCentral MVP has four plans:
RingCentral video has 2 plans: RingCentral video pro which is free, and RingCentral video pro+ which ranges between $13.99 per user/month and 14.99/user/month depending on the number of users you have.
To access pricing for RingCentral contact center, you have to call the sales team.
How does RingCentral pricing compare to other similar services? Check out these guides: