The 5 Best Online Quiz Maker Software (2023 Rankings & Reviews)
If you are thinking of making online quiz maker software a part of your marketing or eLearning toolbox, you have come to the right place.
Quizzes are a great way to engage an audience and gauge knowledge retention.
The problem is, quiz making can be quite tiring and time-consuming if you don’t have a smart, intuitive, and easy-to-use tool.
In this article, we will take a closer look at the best online quiz maker software. We will talk about their features, and use cases, and analyze their strengths and weaknesses. We hope this article will serve as a useful guide for choosing a quiz maker software most suitable for your business.
Table of Contents
Wondershare has a wide offering of video creation, graphics, PDF, and training tools for individuals, businesses, and educators.
QuizCreator, its quiz-maker tool, is a helpful, flash-based tool for trainers who want to produce surveys, quizzes, and exams.
You can use QuizCreator to build multiple-choice or multiple-response questions, fill-in-the-blank quizzes, true/false questions, sequence questions, etc.
The quiz-building process in Wondershare begins with typing individual questions in an MS Word-like window. You should type the question, answer choices, and indicate the correct answer. You can also specify a score, add equations, and notes, and even add media files if you want to make your questions more fun and interactive.
If you’d like to give participants a second chance to retry a question, you can specify that as well.
Once you’re done creating a question, you should save it in a database. Wondershare’s QuizCreator allows you to reuse all your stored questions in different quizzes.
To build a quiz, open a flash template, and add the relevant questions to it. Once done, publish your quiz online.
Note that although you’ll build your quiz on Wondershare’s desktop app, you can only track results using its online version.
To summarize here’s why Wondershare made it to the top of our list of best online quiz-maker tools:
- It offers unlimited building flexibility, letting you use different types of templates to design different types of quizzes.
- Its use of Flash technology results in high-quality quizzes.
- The word-like interface is familiar to most people and therefore eliminates any learning curve.
- Wondershare supports different media, yielding interactive quizzes.
- Its interface is clean, uncluttered, and easy to use.
- You’ll never lose your questions when using Wondershare. You can store them in a database and reuse them in multiple quizzes.
Interact’s interactive quizzes allow you to ask questions that generate leads and give you personal information to help segment your customers.
Interact has dozens of quiz templates to help you ask questions in any niche. It has quiz templates on art, animals, blogging, beauty, business, fashion, health and fitness, etcetera.
Quiz creation with Interact begins with choosing a template category, which opens up a list of template types in that category. For example, if you choose the “animals” category, a selection of animal quiz templates will load. Each quiz template has a preset number of questions. For example, the animal quiz template “what kind of puppy is best for you”, has 14 questions, while the template “which dog breed are you” has 6 questions.
Clicking on a template brings up two options: “use this template” and “preview”. The preview option loads up a page of the quiz template. This feature is great because it gives you what to realistically expect from a template.
Clicking on “use this template” immediately takes you to the Interact pricing page where you can opt for any of Interact’s three plans, —Lite at $39/month, Growth at $89/month, and Pro at $209/month — each with a 14-day free trial.
Here’s what you get on each plan:
- The Lite plan: You can create only up to 5 quizzes and generate 500 leads a month. This plan only allows 1 team member.
- The Growth plan: Host up to 3 team members, create 20 quizzes and generate 2000 leads.
- The Pro plan: Host up to 10 team members, create 50 quizzes and generate 8000 leads.
Besides the 800+ quiz templates, Interact also has these features:
- Live quizzes. These are actual quizzes, all arranged by niche. You can take any quiz if you’d like to experience what it’s like for your customers.
- Connect with over 50 tools and countless Zaps (through Zapier), so that quiz results trickle into your existing systems. This is important for lead segmentation, email marketing, and marketing automation.
- Template customization. If you don’t want to use any of Interact’s premade templates, you can build your mobile-responsive template from scratch.
Outgrow is a user-friendly platform offering a collection of conversion and engagement-optimized marketing tools including numerical calculators, polls, surveys, quizzes, and graded assessments.
Outgrow’s quiz maker is a no-code, user-friendly tool featuring:
- Over 30 categories of professionally-designed, pre-made templates. You can use any template as is, or customize it to your liking using a codeless, drag-and-drop WYSIWYG editor.
- A library of more than 1 million royalty-free images from Unsplash. Besides using images, the quiz maker allows you to add videos and GIFs too.
- The ability to use CSS for those intending to create advanced designs that cannot be handled in the WYSIWYG builder.
- User data that you can use to segment your users and personalize your marketing messaging.
- Sharing-mode through social media, email, ads, and landing pages.
- Integration with over 1000 tools.
- An embed feature that lets you add your quiz to your website.
- 24/7 email and live chat support.
You can create different types and styles of quizzes with Outgrow, such as:
Kahoot-style quizzes: If you are a course creator, webinar builder, or teacher, you want to keep your audience engaged. You can increase interaction with Kahoot-style quizzes, keeping your students or audience engaged till the end of your presentation.
Buzzfeed-style quizzes: Buzzfeed quizzes can be an invaluable asset to your lead generation because they are fun and personalized. They are also highly shareable, which makes them get a lot of hits.
Trivia quizzes. You can create trivia quizzes if you want to inform and entertain at the same time. Trivia quizzes can take the format of a personality, Buzzfeed or Kahoot quiz.
Personality quizzes. Human beings are naturally inquisitive about things that affect them, such as how personality type affects choices. A personality quiz will give your audience an avenue to explore themselves while giving you new leads or audience insights.
Outgrow’s pricing ranges from $22/month to $720 per month, and is targeted at freelancers and businesses keen on generating thousands of leads monthly. Each plan comes with a 7-day trial period, allowing you to test if Outgrow works for you.
LeadQuizzes is a great tool for creating online quizzes that you can use to collect leads, test student understanding, and gather data about your target audience.
Its collection of over 40 quiz templates are interactive, helping you turn boring Q&A process into a fun and engaging activity. You can use LeadQuizzes to create Buzzfeed style quizzes, personality quizzes, matching quizzes, true/false quizzes, Trivia or knowledge quizzes, diagnostic quizzes, scored quizzes, and assessment quizzes. You can preview all templates and start using any of them for free for 14 days.
After that, you’ll need to upgrade to the paid versions for between $49/month for the standard plan, $99 for the pro plan, and $249 for the premium plan.
You can only collect up to 2500 responses per month, and only from 1 website on the pro plan. The Standard plan allows you to run quizzes on 5 websites and collect 5000 responses, while if you are on the premium plan, you can use LeadQuizzes on 15 websites and collect up to 15000 responses.
If you want more responses, you have to pay for them. Each plan stipulates a fee for additional responses.
The three LeadQuizzes plan also have the following features:
- Forms to capture names of participants.
- Template customization and question personalization.
- Content promotion features such as Facebook pixel, website popups and website embeds.
- Reporting and analytics. You can for instance view individual quiz results, analyze how many students completed their quizzes, and how many dropped off.
- Integration with different marketing, email, and automation tools, and also with Zapier.
Riddle is a robust quiz maker used by Marketing, publishing, sports, and agency teams in most industries to question and engage their audiences. Sports teams such as the Chicago Bears, for instance, have used Riddle to test their fans’ knowledge of the team.
Riddle claims to drive up to 55% lead generation opt-in rates.
To use Riddle, you first have to log into the app for a 14-day free trial. The quiz creation interface is very clean and only contains three tabs: create, my riddles, and statistics. There is also a settings section where you can manage account information, integrations, leads, customer information, webhooks, and other account details.
Clicking on “make your first quiz” will open up all the different quiz types you can create. You can choose the response option if you want to get people’s opinions, scored tests if you’d like to challenge their knowledge, or test your audience with a personality test.
You can even make things more interesting by asking personalized questions with journey quizzes, or by using the story feature to tell your audience more about you.
Riddle also has ready-made and customizable lead generation forms that you can use to collect leads and feed those directly into your CRM.
With a pro plan going for $49 per month and a team plan for $249 per month, Riddle is a tool for teams with established budgets.
Bottom Line: Which Online Quiz Maker Should You Choose?
Online quiz makers have a place in almost every industry and niche.
- Marketers can use them to generate leads, learn more about their audiences and increase conversion rates.
- Educators can use them as a teaching tools.
- Sports teams can use them to generate a fan base.
- Hotels and financial institutions can collect feedback about their services using quiz makers.
The possibilities are endless!
The only question is, which quiz maker tool will best address your needs?
Our top pick overall for the best quiz maker is Wondershare. We picked Wondershare for its building flexibility, use of flash technology, ability to use a wide range of media, and ability to let you save individual questions.
Having said that, all of the options on this list are worth a look, so check them out and see which one you like best.
Have any questions about our guide to the best online quiz maker software? Leave a comment below to let us help.