Animoto Pricing: Is It Worth The Cost?
If you are delaying your decision to buy Animoto because you aren’t sure whether it’s worth the cost, we’ll help you decide that in this post.
This Animoto pricing review looks at the following:
- A brief description of Animoto
- An overview of Animoto pricing
- An in-depth look at Animoto plans
- How to sign up for Animoto
- How to cancel your Animoto subscription
- Pros and cons of Animoto
- Should you get Animoto?
Table of Contents
What Is Animoto?
Animoto is an online video making tool used by individuals and businesses to create stunning personal and marketing videos. It is used by different types of business, from real estate, to photographers, freelancers, schools, restaurants, and more.
Although Animoto pricing is quite budget friendly, especially when compared to high-end video making tools like Camtasia, it offers robust video creation features that any size of business will find useful. These include: A robust, template-packed builder, drag and drop video editing, media library, voice-over, text overlay, social sharing, unlimited downloads, and customization.
An Overview of Animoto Plans
Animoto pricing across its 4 plans is as follows:
- A free forever plan. You can create unlimited videos on this plan but they will have Animoto branding.
- Basic. For $8 a month or $96 billed yearly, you can create unbranded videos in 1080p HD and access unlimited downloads.
- Professional. This plan costs $15 per month or $180 yearly. For that much, you can add your logo, watermark and colors, access professional fonts and get access to Getty images.
- Professional plus. This plan costs $39 per month and comes with additional functionalities such as the ability to use your own fonts and create user accounts, which is great when you are collaborating with a team. If you want to scale your video making business, this is the plan for you.
An In-depth Review of Animoto Plans
The Free Plan
This is a great plan for beginner video makers or if you just want to test out this service without an upfront financial commitment. Although with this plan You do have to contend with Animoto’s branding on your videos, there’s a huge upside since for no penny at all, you get access to a bunch of tools to kickstart your video making efforts. These include:
- Up to three fonts
- A selection of up to 30 different colors
- Sharing on social media
- Social media sharing
- The free plan also supports desktop and iOS.
One major downside of this plan is that your videos will have Animoto branding, which may not be ideal if you want to come off as professional or if you are creating videos for clients.
If you are on a budget or just want to get a feel for video making, try out this plan.
Animoto Basic Plan
This is one step up from the free plan and a good option if you want to start creating videos that embody your own brand. You won’t be able to include your own branding (you can only do that on the professional plan), but at least your videos won’t have Animoto all over them.
Another key advantage of this plan is that you can create 1080p videos and have access to unlimited downloads.
I think for $8 a month, this is great value for your money.
Animoto Professional Plan
Animoto’s professional plan is for anyone who wants to venture into professional video making with lots of customization options. A key difference with the free plan is that not only can you remove Animoto branding, you can also add your own watermark and brand colors. Such personalization will help you grow a brand that stands out among your competition.
You also get helpful tools including:
- Access to Getty images. You can use more than 1 million stock photos and videos
- More than 3000 licensed music tracks
- Create videos in full HD
- Use more than 40 professional fonts
- Save your brand
The only downside here is that you can only save one brand. But I think that if you are more likely to see great value for your business if you are using Animoto at this price level.
Animoto Professional Plus Plan
If you want everything that Animoto has to offer, this is your plan. It offers everything from team collaboration, more customization, ability to use your own fonts, an even bigger library of Getty images and videos, and the ability to save more than one brand.
What’s more, you can create licensable videos. You also get dedicated support from Animoto, which is a great way to pick their brains about the growth of your video business.
If you are ready to scale your video creation business, try this plan.
How To Sign Up For Animoto
Animoto’s sign up process is simple and involves three steps.
First, you need to create an account. You can either use your email or Facebook account. If using email, you’ll need to enter your name and password.
Next, enter your billing address, update your payment method and pay for your plan.
Animoto supports payment via credit card and PayPal.
Can You Cancel Your Animoto Subscription?
Yes, you can cancel your Animoto subscription quite easily. Clearly visible on your order summary are the words “cancel your subscription anytime”.
Does Animoto Have A Free Trial?
Animoto doesn’t have a free trial, but it has a forever free plan, which for me is way better than a limited trial. You can start off on the free plan and test out this service to your heart’s content until you are comfortable to move on to the paid plans.
Note that even though the plan is free, it doesn’t skimp out on the necessary video editing tools but instead offers every tool you need to create, edit and share unlimited videos. This makes it a great plan for creatives who want to express themselves on the go without worrying about hiring experts to do extensive video editing for them.
Pros and Cons of Animoto
- The service is Beginner-friendly and pocket-friendly
- You get great discounts on the annual plans
- It offers multiple template and font options
- You can customize on the paid plans
- It supports own fonts and watermarks
- A great tool for creating stunning presentations
- Use portrait or landscape orientation
- It doesn’t support many payment gateways
- The sign-up process requires too much information
- You cannot test all the premium options on the free plan
Bottom Line: Is Animoto Worth It?
I cannot claim that Animoto will revolutionize your video making business overnight. But it is definitely a great place to start. You will especially find great value in using this software if:
- You are a beginner or are working with a low budget
- You run a small business and collaborate with a small team
- You need and easy to use drag and drop video making tool
- You frequently post on YouTube and LinkedIn
- You want to put highly engaging content and presentations fast